COME AND EXPLORE OUR FAMILY RUN GUEST HOUSE IN THE EXQUISITE SCHOEMANSKLOOF VALLEY IN MPUMALANGA, SOUTH AFRICA.

AN EASY 3 HOUR DRIVE FROM JOHANNESBURG WILL FIND YOU IN OUR HIDDEN PARADISE, WITH MORISH CUISINE, HOMELY ATMOSPHERE AND VIEWS THAT GO ON FOREVER....

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ODE TO KENWOOD

The time has come…. my faithful Kenwood mixer gave a cough and, while still willingly turning, indicated that its time is here to retire.

It is with nostalgia that I replace it with a monster of a machine – The Kenwood Major Titanium. I bought my small white machine in 1981. It can tell many a story of happy baking days, raising both my boys with their favourite biscuits, birthday cakes and small treats that all came from this reliable workhorse. It baked close to 2,000 Christmas cakes, a couple of wedding cakes and mixed and kneaded at least two of Old Joe’s Kaia’s famous breads every day for the past seven years.
Before it gives its last breath I will proudly and with honour put it on my shelf with other objects of sentiment and service. BRAVO my little Kenwood!


Here Amelia and myself show gratitude for both machines and the start of a new era in the kitchen - we can't wait to start baking!


No comments: